If you are an athlete, coach, or manager, there may come a time when you need to work in the United States for an extended period. If you are not a citizen, you’ll need a visa in order to work. Queen City Immigration Law has worked with many different professionals in order to help them obtain work visas. We have the experience and skill necessary to help make sure you get the visa you need.

No matter what type of sport you’re involved in—or what position you hold—we can help. Some of the individuals we can get work visas for include:

  • Athletes: These visas were originally only for professional athletes or amateurs under 18 years of age. However, this has recently been extended to include martial arts practitioners and gamers.
  • Coaches: Getting this visa allows coaches to find employment in the United States or to come with athletes who are competing in the US.
  • Managers: For anyone who manages or promotes a sports team and needs a more convenient way to work within the United States.

Our experts take a personalized approach to all aspects of immigration law.

We’re able to find out exactly what your goal is, and then advise you on the best way to obtain your sports visa. Additionally, we’ll work with you throughout the process to make sure that everything goes smoothly. Our experts are able to communicate with you in English, Spanish, French, Polish, Vietnamese, or other languages upon request.

When you need to work in the United States, make sure you’re working with experts who really understand immigration law. Contact us today to schedule an appointment. Our offices are located in Charlotte, NC and Cleveland, OH.



Are you a coach or trainer looking to work in the United States? Perhaps you have an athlete competing in the US and need a sports visa in order to go with them. Or, maybe you’re looking for employment within the United States. No matter the reason, you need some sort of work visa in order to make sure you’re working here legally.

When you need a sports visa, contact Queen City Immigration Law. Our experts can help you obtain a visa that is perfect for your situation. Some of the different visa types include:

  • P-1: This visa allows you to reside in the United States for up to a year. During this time, you’re allowed to work as a coach or a trainer for other athletes.
  • P-3: Allows you to live in the United States for a year and to teach a skill that is unique to your culture.
  • O-1: Allows you to live and work in the US for up to three years provided you are an extremely skilled athlete or coach.
  • H-1B: Good for three years, but specifically requires certification from the Department of Labor.

A lawyer from Queen City Immigration law can explain the different visa types and let you know the advantages and disadvantages of each. Then, we’ll guide you through the process and make sure that obtaining your visa goes smoothly. And, if you need to renew your visa, we can help you with that, too. Additionally, we employ multi-lingual attorneys, so you don’t have to try and figure out a language you are unfamiliar with. So, call our Charlotte, NC or Cleveland, OH offices today and schedule an appointment.



If you’re an athlete, you may need to be able to compete in the United States. Or, perhaps you are looking to make a more permanent move and work full-time within the US. If so, then you’ll need to obtain a sports visa. Some options available include:

  • B-1 or B-2: Basically, allows athletes to work in the United States for up to half a year so long as they don’t receive pay.
  • O-1: A three-year visa for individuals who are notable in their sport.
  • P-1: A five-year visa that allows athletes to compete in the United States.
  • EB (1-3): A type of visa that can allow athletes to obtain permanent residency.

While originally an athlete was only considered someone who participated in traditional sports—such as baseball, hockey, or others—the definition has broadened in recent times. Now, gamers and martial artists can also obtain sports visas to work within the United States.

When you need to get a sports visa, you need to make sure everything is done correctly. However, the laws surrounding visas can be confusing if you are unfamiliar with them. That’s why you should hire an attorney with Queen City Immigration Law. Our experts are incredibly familiar with all aspects of immigration law. We can help you decide on the type of visa and walk you through the process to obtain it. We offer prompt, personal service to make sure you receive the assistance you need when you need it. Additionally, our experts have years of experience working with other athletes. When you work with us, you know you’re getting the best in the industry. Call our Charlotte, NC or Cleveland, OH offices today to learn more.


Promoters, Managers And Agents

Working as a promoter, manager, or agent can be stressful enough. That’s without the complications surrounding being able to work with the United States. However, visas are available to help make your job a little easier. Some of the options include:

  • L-1: Allows you to transfer from a foreign company to one in the United States.
  • O-1: A three-year visa for experts in the industry.
  • E-1: Allows for temporary free travel so long as you’re from a country that has a trade agreement with the US.
  • P-1S: Allows you to accompany an athlete, coach, or another individual with a P-1 visa.

When you need to obtain a work visa, it’s important to hire a qualified attorney to help. Doing something wrong in the visa application can lead to your request being denied. A qualified attorney can help explain the laws surrounding visas, and then help with the application process. That way, you can rest assured that everything has been completed to satisfaction.

Work with Queen City Immigration Law when you need a team of lawyers to help you obtain your visa. Our experienced team offers:

  • Prompt and professional service.
  • Multiple language options.
  • Expert knowledge of immigration law.
  • Experience working with athletes and other business professionals.
  • Innovative solutions.
  • Personalized attention.
  • Long-distance conferences.

By hiring a lawyer with Queen City Immigration law, you know you’re getting the best service possible. Our team is always ready to help in our Charlotte, NC and Cleveland, OH offices. So, when you need to get a work visa as a promoter, manager, or agent, make sure you contact Queen City Immigration Law.



Traditionally, sports have only been considered things like baseball, basketball, or other similar activities. The definition was very limited and didn’t extend to other physical activities. However, in recent years a new type of activity has begun to be acknowledged as a true sport: e-sports. E-sports are competitive, multiplayer videogames that often require players to travel around the globe in order to compete. These players are often professionals, and as such make much of their money through these competitions.

However, in order to compete in a foreign country for an extended period, you’ll need a green card or visa. And many individuals are still reluctant to give e-sports competitors a sports visa in order to do so. That’s where Queen City Immigration Law can help. Our professionals are ready to defend your position as an athlete and help you obtain a visa to compete. We’re able to offer the following services:

  • A multi-lingual team to help, regardless of the language you speak.
  • Prompt service and a quick response time.
  • Modern, innovative solutions that are a step above other law firms.
  • Personalized service to fit your individual needs.
  • Direct contact with a lawyer, instead of someone who may not be familiar with what they’re doing.
  • Extensive knowledge of immigration and work-based visas.

We want to ensure that you’re able to compete in other countries. Because of this, we strive to give you the best service possible. Our offices are located in Charlotte, NC and Cleveland, OH. So, if you need an e-sports visa, don’t hesitate. Call Queen City Immigration Law and schedule an appointment today.


Sports Visas
For Cycling Athletes

If you’re a cycling athlete, then you likely need the ability to compete in a variety of locations across the globe—including the United States. In order to do that, you need a work-related visa. The process of obtaining one can be stressful. You need time to focus on training and preparing for your competition. You shouldn’t have to spend it worrying about how you’re going to get your visa.

Queen City Immigration Law is available in Charlotte, NC and Cleveland, OH to help you obtain your sports visa. Our experts can provide you with information on how best to go about applying for your visa. For example, in some cases it can be beneficial to strike up a relationship with USA Cycling or the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI), two prominent cycling organizations, in order to have a better chance at getting a visa. In other cases, this may not be plausible, and so we’d advise you on a better path. Additionally, we’re able to help your coach or trainer obtain a visa if they need one. We want to make sure that all of your team can legally compete and work in the United States.

At Queen City Immigration Law, we provide personalized service that’s unlike many other law firms. Here you’ll be connected directly to one of our professional lawyers instead of handed off to a paralegal. All of our members are well-versed in immigration law, and so can guide you through the visa application process with ease. So, if you’re a cycling athlete planning to compete in the United States, don’t hesitate. Schedule an appointment today.


Experienced lawyers are ready to help


Professional Service

legal paper



Multilanguage Lawyers


Guranteed Results

Get in touch:

Queen City Immigration Law has lawyers who are experienced with a variety of immigration-related issues. If you want advice or are seeking legal support, please consider getting in contact. We’d love to help you with your case.

Direct line number:

If you’re looking for quick service, then consider giving us a call. One of our lawyers is available to speak to your directly. We hope to be able to discuss your case and schedule an appointment.

The information contained on this website is presented for informational and marketing purposes only and is not to be understood as legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice respecting your individual needs. Dinh Tran looks forward to speaking with you about your particular needs. Please note, however, that the mere act of contacting our firm does not create an attorney-client relationship. As a result, you should never send any confidential information to our office until a Representation Agreement has been signed by both you and Queen City Immigration Law.

Scroll to Top