If you’re an athlete, you may need to be able to compete in the United States. Or, perhaps you are looking to make a more permanent move and work full-time within the US. If so, then you’ll need to obtain a sports visa. Some options available include:

  • B-1 or B-2: Basically, allows athletes to work in the United States for up to half a year so long as they don’t receive pay.
  • O-1: A three-year visa for individuals who are notable in their sport.
  • P-1: A five-year visa that allows athletes to compete in the United States.
  • EB (1-3): A type of visa that can allow athletes to obtain permanent residency.

While originally an athlete was only considered someone who participated in traditional sports—such as baseball, hockey, or others—the definition has broadened in recent times. Now, gamers and martial artists can also obtain sports visas to work within the United States.

When you need to get a sports visa, you need to make sure everything is done correctly. However, the laws surrounding visas can be confusing if you are unfamiliar with them. That’s why you should hire an attorney with Queen City Immigration Law. Our experts are incredibly familiar with all aspects of immigration law. We can help you decide on the type of visa and walk you through the process to obtain it. We offer prompt, personal service to make sure you receive the assistance you need when you need it. Additionally, our experts have years of experience working with other athletes. When you work with us, you know you’re getting the best in the industry. Call our Charlotte, NC or Cleveland, OH offices today to learn more.


Experienced lawyers are ready to help


Professional Service

legal paper



Multilanguage Lawyers


Guranteed Results

Get in touch:

Queen City Immigration Law has lawyers who are experienced with a variety of immigration-related issues. If you want advice or are seeking legal support, please consider getting in contact. We’d love to help you with your case.

Direct line number:

If you’re looking for quick service, then consider giving us a call. One of our lawyers is available to speak to your directly. We hope to be able to discuss your case and schedule an appointment.

The information contained on this website is presented for informational and marketing purposes only and is not to be understood as legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice respecting your individual needs. Dinh Tran looks forward to speaking with you about your particular needs. Please note, however, that the mere act of contacting our firm does not create an attorney-client relationship. As a result, you should never send any confidential information to our office until a Representation Agreement has been signed by both you and Queen City Immigration Law.

Scroll to Top